International Fluid Power Society launches Fluid Power Electronic Controls Specialist CertificationWritten by Dan Comand Sunday, 18 April 2010 17:29
The International Fluid Power Society (IFPS) has launched its Electronic Controls Specialist (CFPECS) certification. Candidates may register for the CFPECS Certification test by visiting www.ifps.org; testing will begin March 2010. Certification requires successful completion of a three-hour written test. IFPS Members may download a complimentary study manual; non-members may purchase the manual.
The CFPECS certification is designed to review and test understanding, specification, and application of the full breadth of electronics used in the fluid power industry from simple sensors and limits to HMIs, controllers, and networks. It includes a brief review of applicable pneumatic and hydraulic principles, as well as in-depth examples of the electronics for both mobile and industrial fluid power equipment.
“The IFPS strives to keep pace with changing fluid power and motion control technologies, and the development of the CFPECS is a prime example,” said Rickey Rodeffer, CFPS, CFPMIH, CFPMT, CFPAI, IFPS president. “Many companies and individuals have spent countless hours researching and constructing this certification to contain the most complete coverage of technologies relevant to the fluid power industry.”
For more DPN News, click here
Latest from Dan Comand
- Canadian vehicle manufacturers are encouraged by Canada-U.S. regulatory cooperation progress report
- IBM reveals five innovations that will change our lives within five years
- MaRS Cleantech Fund moves into next-gen biofuels with investment in Woodland Biofuels
- Bimba adds 3D entertainment package and new features to online configurator
- Aerospace Industries Association of Canada welcomes Aerospace Review findings