Bombardier awards Learjet 85 Contract to Comtek Advanced Structures Ltd.Written by Dan Comand Friday, 24 February 2012 00:30
Avcorp Industries is pleased to announce that its subsidiary, Comtek Advanced Structures (Comtek), has been awarded a contract by Bombardier Aerospace under which Comtek will design, manufacture and support the floor panels for the Learjet 85 business jet.
"Comtek is excited to expand its long-term relationship with Bombardier as a Tier 1 design-build supplier," said Patrick Whyte, Comtek's President. "As a specialist in composite aircraft structures, we are well-positioned to grow as the use of composites in new aircraft designs continues to increase."
Launched in 2007, the Learjet 85 aircraft program fits the midsize segment of the market. It will be the first Bombardier business jet to feature a primarily composite structure.
In addition to the flooring, Comtek will also provide composite panels that are integrated into the avionics rack for the Learjet 85 aircraft.
Latest from Dan Comand
- Canadian vehicle manufacturers are encouraged by Canada-U.S. regulatory cooperation progress report
- IBM reveals five innovations that will change our lives within five years
- MaRS Cleantech Fund moves into next-gen biofuels with investment in Woodland Biofuels
- Bimba adds 3D entertainment package and new features to online configurator
- Aerospace Industries Association of Canada welcomes Aerospace Review findings