The machine enhancements include:
• Larger base platform; from 8 x 8 in. to 10 x 12 in.
• Additional throat clearance (distance from centre of main shaft to centre of heat installation tip) from 5.5 to 7.5 in.
• Longer stroke (tip motion achieved by pulling lever) from 2 to 3.5 in.
• Improved ability to set an accurate stroke stop position due to a micrometer-style positive stop
• Smooth operation due to the inclusion of a high performance ceramic coated shaft and "Freelon" bearings
• Pre-drilled and tapped holes for easy fixture tooling location
• Improved positional accuracy of the tip, now √Ç¬±.005 in. from √Ç¬±.035 in.
• Rapid change-over to different Insert size and fixture
• 30% weight reduction
Manual heat insert driver
SPIROL International has introduced the Model HM manual heat insert driver. The unit is said to be capable of installing virtually any type of heat/ultrasonic style insert into plastic assemblies. The Model HM is also said to eliminate the dependency on the operator to control the factors of time, temperature and pressure to ensure perfect flow of the plastic for optimal retention and performance of the insert.
LVDT sensors for medical, testing and industrial applicationsHoffmann – Krippner Inc. has introduced a wide range of…
Conec launches IP67 overmolded valve connectorsConec has extended its portfolio of valve connectors with an…
Ethernet cabling system for all device connectivity needsHarting Canada has introduced Ha-VIS preLink, an Ethernet cabling system…
POSITAL adds communications interfaces for IXARC magnetic encodersPOSITAL-FRABA has introduced two new communications interfaces for its high-precision…
Diluting and proportional fluid control from FMIThe STH and STQ Duplex metering pumps from Fluid Metering,…
Polytechnique Montreal electric vehicle racing to NebraskaMONTREAL – When it comes to designing an all-electric racecar,…
Volvo experiments with flywheel mechanical batteryTightening emissions and fuel economy legislation is forcing manufacturers to…
Festo invests in future smart factory visionSmart Factory, Industry 4.0, Smart Manufacturing: these and other largely…
The first 3D printed wedding bouquetA 3D printed bridal bouquet has been produced by University…
DaVinci surgical robot paints picture of healthThe time has come that a surgeon, sitting at home…
Skills Canada National Competition 2015Wed May 27, 2015 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
PTDA Canadian Conference 2015Thu Jun 04, 2015 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm