The machine enhancements include:
• Larger base platform; from 8 x 8 in. to 10 x 12 in.
• Additional throat clearance (distance from centre of main shaft to centre of heat installation tip) from 5.5 to 7.5 in.
• Longer stroke (tip motion achieved by pulling lever) from 2 to 3.5 in.
• Improved ability to set an accurate stroke stop position due to a micrometer-style positive stop
• Smooth operation due to the inclusion of a high performance ceramic coated shaft and "Freelon" bearings
• Pre-drilled and tapped holes for easy fixture tooling location
• Improved positional accuracy of the tip, now √Ç¬±.005 in. from √Ç¬±.035 in.
• Rapid change-over to different Insert size and fixture
• 30% weight reduction
Manual heat insert driverMay 13, 2009 Written by Mike Edwards
SPIROL International has introduced the Model HM manual heat insert driver. The unit is said to be capable of installing virtually any type of heat/ultrasonic style insert into plastic assemblies. The Model HM is also said to eliminate the dependency on the operator to control the factors of time, temperature and pressure to ensure perfect flow of the plastic for optimal retention and performance of the insert.
PTC introduces PTC Systems Engineering SolutionNEEDHAM, MA – PTC has announced the PTC Systems Engineering…
New microPEM TackScrew fasteners for compact electronicsNew microPEM TackScrew fasteners from PennEngineering integrate proven self-clinching technology…
Spirol announces the availability of 2D/3D drawingsSpirol International Corp. has announced the availability 2D/3D drawings of…
Hi-res IR images with Fluke TiX Expert Series infrared camerasEVERETT, WA – Fluke Corp. launches its highest resolution infrared…
Renishaw additive manufacturing system AM250 using laser sintering for complex metal partsThe Renishaw AM250 laser melting system uses a high powered…
New analog interface for POSITAL’s explosion-proof rotary sensorsHamilton, New Jersey – POSITAL has added an optional analog…
Miniature slides from Aventics can be configuredThe MSC series mini slides from Aventics (formerly Rexroth Pneumatics)…
Siemens PLM Software chief executive talks product lifecycle strategy, customer engagementChuck Grindstaff, CEO & president of Siemens PLM Software, talks…
Roland DGA unveils its first 3D printer and a new milling machineIRVINE, CA - Roland DGA Corporation, a leading manufacturer of…
Valveless methanol metering pump for wastewater denitrificationFor small and mid-size treatment facilities, Fluid Metering, Inc’s (FMI)…
Autodesk University 2014Tue Dec 02, 2014 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm
SolidWorks World 2015Sun Feb 08, 2015 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm