The machine enhancements include:
• Larger base platform; from 8 x 8 in. to 10 x 12 in.
• Additional throat clearance (distance from centre of main shaft to centre of heat installation tip) from 5.5 to 7.5 in.
• Longer stroke (tip motion achieved by pulling lever) from 2 to 3.5 in.
• Improved ability to set an accurate stroke stop position due to a micrometer-style positive stop
• Smooth operation due to the inclusion of a high performance ceramic coated shaft and "Freelon" bearings
• Pre-drilled and tapped holes for easy fixture tooling location
• Improved positional accuracy of the tip, now √Ç¬±.005 in. from √Ç¬±.035 in.
• Rapid change-over to different Insert size and fixture
• 30% weight reduction
Manual heat insert driverMay 13, 2009 Written by Mike Edwards
SPIROL International has introduced the Model HM manual heat insert driver. The unit is said to be capable of installing virtually any type of heat/ultrasonic style insert into plastic assemblies. The Model HM is also said to eliminate the dependency on the operator to control the factors of time, temperature and pressure to ensure perfect flow of the plastic for optimal retention and performance of the insert.
Siemens PLM NX 10 software delivers up to 3x productivityThe latest version of Siemens' NX software, NX 10, features…
SolidWorks 2015 model based definition may spell end of paper drawingsSolidWorks MBD (Model Based Definition) may finally lead to the…
SolidWorks 2015 helps to solve more design challengesSolidWorks 2015 is said to deliver new technical capabilities that…
Öhlins Racing boosts suspension performance with LMS Imagine.Lab AmesimMatteo Pelosi Ph.D.,technical specialist at Öhlins Racing explains how they…
Latest MapleSim release offers new tools for design explorationWaterloo, ON – Maplesoft has a new release of MapleSim,…
Festo DRRD semi-rotary drive with piston explainedFrederic Reichert, product manager at Festo explains the features and…
Roger Federer through Google GlassRoger Federer and Stefan Edberg recently visited Google and took…
MSC Software’s Marc 2014 for failure analysis & nonlinear simulationsNEWPORT BEACH, Calif. – MSC Software Corporation, the leader in…
New AMD professional graphics redefine workstation performanceVANCOUVER, BC – AMD has unveiled new additions to the…
Vehicle Modeling and Simulation: Implementing a Torque-Vectoring Stability ControllerVehicle stability is an important area of vehicle safety, which…
PMA Canada District Meeting 2014Wed Nov 19, 2014 @12:00pm - 03:00pm