The machine enhancements include:
• Larger base platform; from 8 x 8 in. to 10 x 12 in.
• Additional throat clearance (distance from centre of main shaft to centre of heat installation tip) from 5.5 to 7.5 in.
• Longer stroke (tip motion achieved by pulling lever) from 2 to 3.5 in.
• Improved ability to set an accurate stroke stop position due to a micrometer-style positive stop
• Smooth operation due to the inclusion of a high performance ceramic coated shaft and "Freelon" bearings
• Pre-drilled and tapped holes for easy fixture tooling location
• Improved positional accuracy of the tip, now √Ç¬±.005 in. from √Ç¬±.035 in.
• Rapid change-over to different Insert size and fixture
• 30% weight reduction
Manual heat insert driver
SPIROL International has introduced the Model HM manual heat insert driver. The unit is said to be capable of installing virtually any type of heat/ultrasonic style insert into plastic assemblies. The Model HM is also said to eliminate the dependency on the operator to control the factors of time, temperature and pressure to ensure perfect flow of the plastic for optimal retention and performance of the insert.
ODE Valve introduces broad range of solenoid valvesODE Valve Canada has introduced a series of 2-way and…
Bimba MFD adds coalescing filters to line of air preparation productsMFD Pneumatics, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bimba, has announced…
SKF launches pioneering bearing rating life modelThe SKF EnCompass Field Performance Program has launched with development…
PTC and Stratasys collaborate on additive manufacturingPTC and Stratasys Ltd. have announced the companies are working…
AutomationDirect offers high-performance DC drivesIronHorse GSD1 series DC drives from AutomationDirect are said to…
POSITAL adds communications interfaces for IXARC magnetic encodersPOSITAL-FRABA has introduced two new communications interfaces for its high-precision…
Ethernet cabling system for all device connectivity needsHarting Canada has introduced Ha-VIS preLink, an Ethernet cabling system…
Diluting and proportional fluid control from FMIThe STH and STQ Duplex metering pumps from Fluid Metering,…
Conec launches IP67 overmolded valve connectorsConec has extended its portfolio of valve connectors with an…
NASA tests first UFO: watch JPL videoNASA's Low-Density Supersonic Decelerator (LDSD) project will be flying a…
Canadian Manufacturing Technology ShowMon Sep 28, 2015 @ 8:00am - 05:00pm