The machine enhancements include:
• Larger base platform; from 8 x 8 in. to 10 x 12 in.
• Additional throat clearance (distance from centre of main shaft to centre of heat installation tip) from 5.5 to 7.5 in.
• Longer stroke (tip motion achieved by pulling lever) from 2 to 3.5 in.
• Improved ability to set an accurate stroke stop position due to a micrometer-style positive stop
• Smooth operation due to the inclusion of a high performance ceramic coated shaft and "Freelon" bearings
• Pre-drilled and tapped holes for easy fixture tooling location
• Improved positional accuracy of the tip, now √Ç¬±.005 in. from √Ç¬±.035 in.
• Rapid change-over to different Insert size and fixture
• 30% weight reduction
Manual heat insert driverMay 13, 2009 Written by Mike Edwards
SPIROL International has introduced the Model HM manual heat insert driver. The unit is said to be capable of installing virtually any type of heat/ultrasonic style insert into plastic assemblies. The Model HM is also said to eliminate the dependency on the operator to control the factors of time, temperature and pressure to ensure perfect flow of the plastic for optimal retention and performance of the insert.
Electronic fill and bleed pneumatic circuitsA fill and bleed circuit is a combination of pneumatic…
Mead Fluid Dynamics introduces the Manifold PowerStripUNIVERSITY PARK, IL – Mead Fluid Dynamics, a wholly owned…
3D printer resins allow for investment castingFormlabs, the makers of the Form 1+ SLA 3D Printer,…
Javelin champions 3D printing for productivity3D Printer product manager Doug Angus-Lee of Javelin Technologies at…
Submersible level transmitters range up to 50 psigAutomationDirect’s ProSense line of level sensors now includes SLT series…
Toyota remains at top in global vehicle sales in first half of 2014, reports the Associated PressTOKYO - Toyota remains No. 1 in global vehicles sales…
Festo DRRD semi-rotary drive with piston explainedFrederic Reichert, product manager at Festo explains the features and…
Roger Federer through Google GlassRoger Federer and Stefan Edberg recently visited Google and took…
New AMD professional graphics redefine workstation performanceVANCOUVER, BC – AMD has unveiled new additions to the…
MSC Software’s Marc 2014 for failure analysis & nonlinear simulationsNEWPORT BEACH, Calif. – MSC Software Corporation, the leader in…