The machine enhancements include:
• Larger base platform; from 8 x 8 in. to 10 x 12 in.
• Additional throat clearance (distance from centre of main shaft to centre of heat installation tip) from 5.5 to 7.5 in.
• Longer stroke (tip motion achieved by pulling lever) from 2 to 3.5 in.
• Improved ability to set an accurate stroke stop position due to a micrometer-style positive stop
• Smooth operation due to the inclusion of a high performance ceramic coated shaft and "Freelon" bearings
• Pre-drilled and tapped holes for easy fixture tooling location
• Improved positional accuracy of the tip, now √Ç¬±.005 in. from √Ç¬±.035 in.
• Rapid change-over to different Insert size and fixture
• 30% weight reduction
Manual heat insert driverMay 13, 2009 Written by Mike Edwards
SPIROL International has introduced the Model HM manual heat insert driver. The unit is said to be capable of installing virtually any type of heat/ultrasonic style insert into plastic assemblies. The Model HM is also said to eliminate the dependency on the operator to control the factors of time, temperature and pressure to ensure perfect flow of the plastic for optimal retention and performance of the insert.
Submersible level transmitters range up to 50 psigAutomationDirect’s ProSense line of level sensors now includes SLT series…
Energy measurement with digital multimetersLOVATO Electric has expanded its range of measuring instruments by…
Thermally conductive, two component epoxy passes medical testsWith biocompatibility and cytotoxicity certifications, Master Bond EP21AOLV-2Med is often…
Platform provides predictive intelligence for pneumaticsUniversity Park, IL – Bimba Manufacturing has introduced IntelliSense, a…
Aluminum compression limitersSpirol International Corp. has introduced the series CL600 and CL610…
Toyota remains at top in global vehicle sales in first half of 2014, reports the Associated PressTOKYO - Toyota remains No. 1 in global vehicles sales…
Students rise to evolving Mechanical CADD challenges at Skills Canada National CompetitionThe Mechanical CADD challenge at Skills Canada National Competition 2014…
Festo DRRD semi-rotary drive with piston explainedFrederic Reichert, product manager at Festo explains the features and…
Roger Federer through Google GlassRoger Federer and Stefan Edberg recently visited Google and took…
New AMD professional graphics redefine workstation performanceVANCOUVER, BC – AMD has unveiled new additions to the…