The machine enhancements include:
• Larger base platform; from 8 x 8 in. to 10 x 12 in.
• Additional throat clearance (distance from centre of main shaft to centre of heat installation tip) from 5.5 to 7.5 in.
• Longer stroke (tip motion achieved by pulling lever) from 2 to 3.5 in.
• Improved ability to set an accurate stroke stop position due to a micrometer-style positive stop
• Smooth operation due to the inclusion of a high performance ceramic coated shaft and "Freelon" bearings
• Pre-drilled and tapped holes for easy fixture tooling location
• Improved positional accuracy of the tip, now √Ç¬±.005 in. from √Ç¬±.035 in.
• Rapid change-over to different Insert size and fixture
• 30% weight reduction
Manual heat insert driverMay 13, 2009 Written by Mike Edwards
SPIROL International has introduced the Model HM manual heat insert driver. The unit is said to be capable of installing virtually any type of heat/ultrasonic style insert into plastic assemblies. The Model HM is also said to eliminate the dependency on the operator to control the factors of time, temperature and pressure to ensure perfect flow of the plastic for optimal retention and performance of the insert.
Harting names Claude Langlois new sales director for CanadaMONTREAL – Harting has appointed veteran sales executive Claude Langlois…
Agreement between Rockwell and Beckhoff about linear motor technologyVERL, Germany – Rockwell Automation, Inc. of Milwaukee has granted…
Roger Federer through Google GlassRoger Federer and Stefan Edberg recently visited Google and took…
Three-wheeled Elio commuter car closer to market, reports the Associated PressROYAL OAK, Mich. - Your next commuter car could have…
Vehicle Modeling and Simulation: Implementing a Torque-Vectoring Stability ControllerVehicle stability is an important area of vehicle safety, which…
PTC and ThingWorx join the Industrial Internet Consortium to drive the Internet of ThingsPTC and ThingWorx, a PTC business and leading Internet of…
LTA Aerostructures invests $90 million in Greater Montréal and will create 180 aerospace jobsFARNBOROUGH, ENGLAND - LTA Aerostructures has chosen the Montréal region to develop…
Pepperl+Fuchs products now available with online ordering and free shipping in CanadaTWINSBURG, OH – Pepperl+Fuchs now offers Canadian customers secure, online…
Iron Man armour could soon be a reality, reports The Associated PressTAMPA, Fla. - In the 2008 movie "Iron Man," the…
Toyota remains at top in global vehicle sales in first half of 2014, reports the Associated PressTOKYO - Toyota remains No. 1 in global vehicles sales…
AMExpo 2014Tue Sep 23, 2014